Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lilyana - I've finally seen her.....


I’ve finally seen her. This woman my father is ‘Dating.’ I saw her this morning, leaving. In a dark blue truck that looked kind of beat up. It was around six, and I’d gotten up to take a ride through the meadow before it got super hot. Does that mean she spent the night? I’m not sure I want to think about that quite yet. Because really, its none of my business. But Rachel was right, very right, she is tall and pretty. Honestly, she is beautiful. I didn’t see her face too clearly, but she has high cheekbones and huge brown eyes. Not brown, as in, mousey brown, but brown as in dark brown, sparkling and almost black. Like I always imagined Anne Boleyn’s eyes, based on those Phillipa Gregory books Melanthe is always reading. Wait, I’m not sure I want to even think of this woman like that, based on what Anne Boleyn was.  Or, as Melanthe is always saying, what they built her up to be. Melanthe is obsessed with those Tudor books. But, anyway, she was pretty. But not in a high maintenance, manicures-and-300-dollar-hair-appointments-I-just-put-on-way-to-much- makeup way. She was wearing jeans and a dark blue tee-shirt, and her hair was loose. Her hair was long, and dark, and really, really, pretty. Shiny in a way I can never get mine to be. I can see why my father would like her. Can I? I guess so, going by beauty. But I’m not a girl who makes judgments based on images and beauty. And I don’t think my father is either. At least, I didn’t. But what if the woman is super-mean, and he’s dating her only because of her beauty? But that’s just silly. My father was never like that before. Why should he be now? If he’s dating her, I bet she’s super nice.

I think I have to talk to him about this tonight. Rachel agrees. She says that if I go any longer no-knowing, I might make an ‘incorrect assumption’ that might cause ‘unforeseen consequences’ and ‘Put tension on our long distance father-daughter relationship.’ I’m pretty sure she did not make that up out of her own head. That sounded so unlike Rachel, that I’m guessing she asked her mom what she should say to me. Her mom’s a therapist, and its not the first time Rachel quoted her. Actually, Rachel might even have gotten it from one of her mothers numerous self-help and child physiology books. I can’t see Rachel asking her mom. They don’t get along very well. Rachel says her mom is always trying to ‘Psycho-analyze’ her, which she hates. I kind of know what she means. After the divorce, her mom asked me if I was suffering from ‘Post-trauma emotional disturbance.’ Yeah, right. I’m pretty much as solid and stable as they get. Rebecca, on the other hand…… Anyway, I think I’m going to ask him tonight. I’m nervouse, but i need to know the truth. Wish me luck.

Lilyana

PS  -Good job on landing the role, Rebecca! Good luck!  

PPS - Samantha, I've noticed you haven't posted since you got back. Just because Rebecca and I are away doesn't mean that you can't post. Sure, Rebecca and I are both having an.....action packed vacation, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing of interest going on on the home front. How is the moving going? I know we're set to leave around the end of August, so you guys must be busy.You know, sorting through all the junk in the basement, packing, cleaning...I wish I were there to help. I'd get you organized! So please, do a post! Don't be screen-shy Samantha! Oh, and by the way, do you know when Melanthe's getting back from Ogunquit? I know she said the beginning of August, but i thought she might have contacted you, because I haven't heard from her. I know she might not have internet access, which is probably why she's not posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment