Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rebecca - Ballet Class

Hey everyone. (I'm not talking about what happened a couple days ago, OK?) Things have been pretty calm around here lately. I've had the house to myself for a while. Its kind of strange to think that in a couple of weeks we'll be gone. I wonder who'll move in after us. Maybe it would stay empty for a while. That would be kind of interesting, I guess. Anyway, Mellie's been over at Robyn's a lot, shopping and doing whatever they do together, I don't know exactly what. She's barely home anymore, which is fine with me. She and Samantha looked more seriously at the Traveling Stars website, and Melanthe sent in a couple of forms. Not that they told me this themselves. Lilyana did. Recently, Lilyana's been making lists like crazy - To Do, To Throw Away, To Give Away, To Sort, to Pack- You get the idea. Its like living with a human graphic organizer.  I keep finding these litle sticky notes on my pillow. Some of them go something like this:

Rebecca – To Do #3
1.    Clean out closet (All trash take downstairs)
2.   Clean under your bed.
3.Sort out your clothing from ours-throw away stuff that you don’t want.
4.   Clean your half of the desk – Not Mellie’s!
5.   Start taking down posters and magnets
6.   Make a packing plan
7.    Are the bed-sheets yours or ours? See me!
8.    Retrieve your stuff from all over the house


And I don't even live here, technically! You should see the mountains of paper Samantha has! Its totally nuts. Not that Lilyana hasn't been doing anything herself. She's been in super-organization mode all day. But, on the bright side, we'll be really organized. Big whoop.

Samantha and I had ballet class today. I swear, being in the studio is the only place i can be myself, and not worry about hiding anything or pretending to be someone I'm not. Its so comforting, being in there alone. I talked to Madame Rosa a couple of weeks ago, and she said that I can go practice in there on weekday nights if I wanted - and if the secretary was there. So  I stayed later after Samantha left, and I just got home a little while ago. Its just so calm to be by myself, dancing whatever I wanted while the shadows close in, and the image of yourself in the mirror becomes cloudy. Its almost as good as being on the roof.











































Speaking of Ballet, has anyone seen the newest Bunheads episode? I think it was fantastic! I'm not a big TV person, but I really love that show. Sutton Foster as Michelle was great. She is an amazing actress, and makes the show very comedic. I wonder if anything else will happen with the guy up the private road....I sense a romantic plotline soon. I felt bad that Boo didn't get in, but I didn't expect her to. It wouldn't have been realistic. Dance is a hard world. I'm finding myself liking Sasha more and more as the series moves on. The part with her alone in the studio in the last episode really touched with me. She reminds me of me at times  - but I really hope i'm more driven then her, becouse good as she is, she doesn't seem to care to much. But she's a good character, she really is. Her bitchiness and snark is what makes me like her so much, she seems like a solid with dimensions and a prospect. If they play this right, they could have a fantastic plotline moving along with Sasha, she has so much character potential. And I adore the actress who plays her! She is absolutely perfect for that role, I swear she has Sasha dow to the point that I think the actress knows more about her then the scriptwriters. I wish they'd do more with Melanie, though. She's a good dancer, and really pretty, but she has nothing in the story. They need to give her some action, and get her a story. I can't wait until next week! Oh yeah - And i love Sutton's clothes in this! And i'm glad they let her sing, finally. We were all waiting. But I'm guessing there's more to her dreams then what meets the eye.........


Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment