Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Samantha - My aunt and cousin


Hey guys! Here I am at Aunt Nancy's! We got here around eleven, and Aunt Nancy picked us up at the airport. We all got in her silver minivan, and drove twenty minuetes to her yellow house with the huge lawn.We passed a lot of rundown farms and old houses, long grass wafting around broken shutters.  The streets here don't even have sidewalks! How crazy. When we got there, we found that aunt Nancy had prepared a fantastic lunch for us! We had chicken cooked with salsa, fresh italian bread, and homemade chocolate pie! It all tasted great, and needless to say Andrea has thirds of everything. Well, I had thirds of the pie to. Aunt Nancy is a very good cook. Aunt Nancy didn't seem to mind though. She likes feeding people.

  Aunt Nancy is really pretty and really young. She used to model a lot, but not since she had Vernon. I wonder if she misses modeling. I know if i were to stop actong, I'd be heartbroken. But i guess its like that song says: 'Can't forget, don't regret, what I did for love.' Aunt Nancy chose her son over a huge career. I guess it was a choice she made willingly, although I can't imagine it. I wonder if she's happy. I can't ever imagine doing that, but maybe I will someday. Who knows?


 We played with my cousin Vernon for a while this afternoon. He is so cute, isn't he? He has the most adorable hair, and the sweetest little voice. I definately want kids of my own someday. They are so cute! He's four and a half, which is a fun age. Is so easy to please him, and he has the gayest little laugh, its so sweet. He loves to play outside, mostly in the dirt. Andrea and I (mostly I) are not such fans of the mud. We played with him in his kiddie pool, and made monster noises. Andrea is not ussualy to good with children, but she and Vernon get along fine. Probably becouse they both like food and balls. Ok, that just sounded wrong. But whatever.

Later that evining, Aunt Nancy took us out to dinner at this quirky little place called the 'Frozen Gnome'. We had the most fantastic french fries I have ever tasted. Pure heaven, I swear. Andrea, of course, ate more then I think is humanly possible, whle I had a simple grilled cheese and fries. Then we all had ice cream. I had moose tracks, and Andrea had heaping sunday with a bizillion toppings. The Frozen Gnome was a really pretty place. There were a lot of flowers and plants, and even a really tranquil lake with a boat out on the middle. Andrea and I wanted more then anything to take a ride on the boat, but Aunt Nancy said its just for show, she thinks. Oh well. It would have been fun. It is so insanly hot here, I cannot beleive it. We have about ten fans going, but Aunt Nancy's house is roughly a billion degrees. Roughly. Andrea and I are to sleep in the guest room, which at least is fairly cool. Kind of. Ok fine, its boiling hot, but then so is the rest of the house. The room has a huge bed with pretty blue curtains and a white braided rug. There is a lovely picture of my uncle Tim,who is dead. He's been dead for four years, and i barely knew him, so I don't miss him. Actually, there's a bit ofa story there.nI'll post it on the train going home, its hard typing on this thing. And it will give you something to look foward to besides pictures of me and Andrea in Aunt Nancy's huge backyard. 



Samantha













No comments:

Post a Comment