Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rebecca - La danse des morts


At the end of camp, we always do a huge performance for all the parents and stuff. Well, not my parents, but everybody else's. This year, we're doing an original ballet written by two of our instructors, Jamie and Natalie. Its called La danse des morts, which is french for the 'The dance of the dead.' French is the official language of ballet, and also what Jamie is, as well as morbid, clearly. Despite the cryptic title, the bits I've seen from him and Natalie look amazing. Natalie is this tiny little woman, and she looks super ethereal and graceful when she dances. In the dance, there are two male leads, one female lead, and one lead for a very little ghost girl. I think everybody knows who will be the little girl - Amatya Duvsky. She's half Russian, half something else I'm not quite sure of, and even though she's only nine, is probably more talented then half the school put together. She's the one i can honestly say is going to be as talented as i am, if she's not already. I'm not being vain, or bratty, or anything, but I'm one of the most talented at the school. Which is why I know I'll get the female lead. I mean, who else could? I know I'm young, but talent is what counts! I'm so thrilled! We auditioned today, and of course mine went well. Perfect, actually. We'll get the parts tomorrow, so I'm super nervous. Not really, though, because I know I'll get it. I wonder who the male leads will be.

Rebecca

PS - Only five more days of camp! (W leave on Friday, which is when the performance is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment