Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lilyana - Chaos and discord (again)


Hey guys, its Lilyana. I’ve been thinking about how much work needs to be done before the move! I mean, look at our room. We probably have a lot of stuff we don’t want any more, and a lot of stuff we could throw away, especially if our new room is smaller then this one. Samantha also really needs to sort through all her stuffed animals; she has far to many. It would also be nice to get rid of some old furniture (like our desk!) and get some new ones. But I’m not sure if that’s going to happen; furniture is expensive. What we’d really like is the roll top desk from American Girl, but (again) its kind of expensive. It would also be great to have a bookcase, because we have a lot of books. We could also put the mice on the bookcase, and our Our Generation dolls. Moving is definitely going to be a challenge, but I think it’ll be fun to organize our new room, and pack all our stuff, and everything. I like organization, and cleaning. Its really fun. Its nice to now everything has a place and can be put in that place, and when you do it will look nice.

Yesterday, we had a family meeting about the move. Samantha said it would be a good idea so we could “Get Our Priorities Straight”. Anyway, we all traipsed into the living room, and waited for Samantha to start speaking. I was curled up on the big green armchair, and had my chin in my hand, the rough velvet scratchy against my bare feet.
“Ok guys.” Samantha began. “I know we all have some….er…concerns about the move.”
“No kidding.” Snorted Melanthe. Samantha turned to her.
“Well, Mellie, I guess that’s true. And I guess we should talk about that problem first, OK?”
“Whatever.”
“Ok, Melanthe, Rebecca, I know its going to be hard having one of you leave, but there’s no point denying it. We’ve gotta decide.”
“I’m not leaving.” Intoned Rebecca flatly. Samantha turned to Melanthe, palms raised. Melanthe raised a ginger eyebrow at her.
Yes, Samantha?”
“Now Melanthe-””
“If this is going to turn into another stupid conversation about all the merits of me LEAVING, then I’m out of here.”
“No, Mellie. Stay. I just thought if you found some really nice girls to board with, that would be ok, right? Remember, that girl Teresa who looked super nice?"
“NO, Samantha. Not right. I have just as much right here as anybody else does. And that includes Rebecca. I was here before her! Why, then, am I the one you all want gone.”
“Mellie, we don’t all want you gone, you know that.” I said.
“Yeah. Sure, Lilyana. As long as it suits you.”
“Whats that supposed to mean?”
“YOU aren’t in any danger of leaving. You can afford to be nice.”
“Melanthe, that’s crap.” Said Samantha. “Don’t turn on Lily because she’s NICE.” 
“I’m not leaving.” Rebecca repeated.
“Oh yeah, miss ‘I’m such an aloof dancer?’? Why is that, then? Answer me that, Rebecca.” Rebecca didn’t say anything, just crossed her arms over her chest and looked out the window out onto the street, where we could see a dusky brown cat chasing a bird, leaping at it and batting it with outreached claws. “Exactly.” Melanthe snarled.
“Melanthe, calm down.”
“Yeah, Lily. Sure.”
“I just don’t see why Rebecca can’t-”
“Of course you don’t! You don’t see anything about me! You’re just a vapid, mindless Barbie doll obsessed with tanning and shopping!”
“Oh? I can’t see? You don’t care about anybody but yourself, Rebecca. You are so selfish, so wrapped up in yourself! You don’t care about me, what I feel, as long as you’re happy.”
“That’s not - ”
“Uh-huh. Like you always say, Rebecca. Well, it true. You’re just such a selfish, messed up freak.’
“I-”
“Oh yeah, deny it. Like you always do. You know what, I’d rather leave then be here with you.”
“Melanthe, please-”
“Stick up for her, Lilyana, go on. You know whats up with her, don’t you?”
“Just shut up, Melanthe! Just shut up! You are just so shallow, so stupid, so annoying! I don’t understand why you are being so mean. You have other options, I don’t. You can find another, better, place, with people that are more like you. Why can’t you just pack up your bags and go! Just go! We’d all be happier here without you. Nobody here like you!” She screamed, and I mean SCREAMED.
“Rebecca-” Samantha said, starting forward.
“Rebecca, please, you need to- ” I began.
“Rebecca, you are such a-” began Melanthe. Rebecca lunged forward, and shoved Melanthe into the bookcase. Melanthe screamed, and covered her head with her arms, ducking out of the way as a couple books tumbled off the shelf, her read hair flying. Rebecca stared at Samantha, her eyes wide and kind of strange. Then she ran from the room. We heard the front door slam.

Well. Just another strange, weird day in our house. That was yesterday. Today, I think all of us are still kind of shocked. Rebecca was, I think, out on the roof all night. I could hear the faint strains of her guitar in my dreams.

Lilyana

No comments:

Post a Comment