Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Samantha - Trying to forget


I’m sorry about Rebecca’s morbid and secretive post yesterday. I don’t know what gets into her sometimes, so I’m just trying to forget it. Actually, we’re all trying to forget it. Lily, Rebecca, and I made a promise that today we’d just try and forget about all the drama that’s been happening around here, and just have a normal Tuesday. Melanthe is still AWOL. We saw a red-faced, angry version of her stalk in last night to get her credit card. Probably going shopping with Maddi. She didn’t talk to anybody. But I promised not to talk – or blog – about that, so I’m not going to.

Rebecca and I had dance class today. Rebecca is in Super Advanced, I’m just in a regular class. I’m not really jealous of her, because i don’t really want to be a dancer, I just think if you’re going into theatre you need to be able to dance. That’s why I do it. I do Ballet, Tap, and Jazz along with Rebecca, who is in Super Advanced for all of them. She also does extra weekend classes, and practices all day. Naturally, she is really good. Anyway, class was fine, nothing to report there. After class Rebecca and I strolled down Robin St, to go to the dance store, because I needed new ballet shoes. It was really sunny today, a perfect beach day (maybe that’s where Mellie is). There were tons of tourists and college kids and just people in general on Robin st, shopping, ad loitering, and eating at cafes. I almost felt as though I was in the City again, minus the skyscrapers. I wanted to ask Rebecca if she felt the same way, but I didn’t because she sometimes gets annoyed when I talk about New York. Anyway, I got some fantastic new toe shoes, and had fun browsing those high-heeled tap shoes. How anyone can dance in those is beyond me! Rebecca says its easy once you learn, but that’s Rebecca for you. I, personally, would probably fall right off the stage. Speaking of Rebecca, she found a really pretty yellow tee shirt with a DANCE graphic on the front. She looks great in yellow, which is lucky, because that’s a hard color. I do, sometimes, but Mellie can’t wear yellow for the life of her. I also got new purple leg warmers, which in my opinion are so much more awesome then Rebecca’s classic pink ones. After the dance store, we went to Whole Foods to pick up lunch for us all, because we were planning to join Lily at the stables and have a picnic. That included Andrea and Kanani to, but not Maddi and Melanthe, of course. We got pizza, cherries, chips, salsa, and two chocolate cream pies. Then we biked over to Willow Run Stables, where Andrea was panting like a dog on the leash in when she saw all the food. I swear, she ate almost a whole pizza! Yet she’s really thin! How does she do it? Rebecca, of course, didn’t eat much, because as a dancer she “Needs To Keep Her Figure.”. I don’t get that, because doesn’t dancing burn tons of calories? But whatever, her choice. It was fun, not worrying about moving, just hanging out and eating pizza with my friends. The pie was good. It was a good day, and Rebecca seemed fairly cheerful. Fairly. Enough, anyway. She sat alone reading a book at lunch, but at least she didn’t go off at anybody. I’m not trying to be mean, but Rebecca can be weird. Well, we all can.

I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, but it better not be a repeat of two nights ago. I’m worried, I really am. But there is nothing we can do. Whatever will happen – Will happen. 


S

No comments:

Post a Comment