Monday, July 2, 2012

Samantha - Fighting.....


I don’t know where to start! Yesterday was an utter madhouse once Melanthe came home. Everybody else elected me to write the post about it, because Melanthe is to angry and bias towards herself, Lilyana didn’t hear the whole thing, and Rebecca refuses. I don’t really know why. Honestly, I don’t know why anybody does anything anymore, especially Rebecca. But enough about that, I have a story too tell. Ok, here goes. I was reading an American Girl magazine on my bed, and Rebecca was practicing her guitar when Melanthe came home. Lilyana was downstairs helping her mother make dinner. Melanthe stormed into the bedroom, hands on hips.
“Alright, guys.” She snarled. “Out with it! Tell me about the move, Okay?” I put down the magazine.
“ Well, we’re moving.” I said, trying to stay as calm a I could. Rebecca was still quietly plunking at the guitar strings. “We’re moving to a house on Ellis Ave. Its really very nice.”
“Yes. AND?” I knew what she’d meant as soon as she’d said it, from the way she’d said it. Maybe if i hadn’t read her blog entry, I might have thought my mother or somebody else had told her we were moving, But I just knew she’d read the blog from the tone of her voice. But I had to answer.
“And…..Our bedroom is to small four all four of us. The house just isn’t right.”
“And HOW many bedrooms are there, Samantha?”
“Well……six.”
“There you go. You and Lily can share, Rebecca and I can, though god knows I would rather not. We’re the boarders here – It makes sense. There’s no reason for ANY of us to leave!”
“No, its not like that. One room is for my parents, one is for Lily’s mom, one is for Sara, one is for Melanie, one is for us, and the sixth we’re turning into Lily’s mothers office. You see, there is just no room, Mellie.”
“Well, why does Lily’s family have to stay with you, huh? Why can’t they go somewhere else? This is so stupid, Lily’s mom doesn’t need an office, anyway.”
“Yes - ”
“This is all Lily’s fault, her fault for her stupid, fricking family coming here and messing up all of our lives!”
Of course, that’s when Lily came in. She paused in the doorway, her blue eyes wide, taking in the scene. She gave me an stare, which said “Oh My God!”, and scuttled across the room to stand quietly next to her bed. Melanthe turned her back on Lily, and was then facing Rebecca.
“Well, what about her?” She said. Rebecca stood up.
“Well, what about me, Melanthe?”
“Why can’t she leave, huh? She’s not been here as long as I have, if anyone has to leave, its HER!”
“ I can’t - ”
“Oh, you can’t. That’s right, of course you can’t. Of course Its ME who has to leave. Nobody even asked me!”
“Melanthe,” I said. “You said you were thinking about it, we looked at all those people at the Travelling Stars website!”
“I didn’t realize you were serious! And why didn’t you do that with Rebecca, huh? Why did you just assume it was ME that had to leave?”
“I did look with Rebecca, we sent a few emails-”
“And did SHE get any responses?”
“Well no, but you got loads, so it makes sense-”
“What? That I get to leave? And why didn’t Rebecca get any responses? Tell me that, Samantha!”
“Sometimes it takes a while - ”
“Yeah, sure. “Takes a while.” Don’t kid with me Samantha, this is EMAIL! NOT snail – mail. Its INSTANT! It doesn’t 'Take A While'!”
“ I tried, Mel.”
“Yeah, whatever Rebecca. Tell me this, OK? What is so WRONG with you that nobody will take you, huh? Are you really that weird that NOONE WILL REPLY? What was on your form, Rebecca? What was it that makes nobody want you as a boarder? Are you that much of a freak, Rebecca? It must be something really bad that nobody even replied. Tell me Rebecca, come on, OK? Why don’t you, huh? Out with it, or is it really just your overall freakiness? Dear GOD, you must be really MESSED UP THAT NOBODY even WANTS you! And why can’t you go back home, Rebecca? Why don’t they want you at home, either? Even your own FAMILY doesn’t want you anymore. God, why should WE even have to LIVE with you? We don’t even know whats WRONG WITH YOU! YOU COULD BE A SICOPATH, REBECCA! Get out, Rebecca. Nobody wants you here, you’re sick, OK? Just get out, you freak, you freak, you freak, you - ”
“SHUT UP!”
But it wasn’t Rebecca who ran across the room and slapped Melanthe in the face. It was Lilyana.
“Oh yeah, that’s right. Lilyana knows, doesn’t she? Lilyana knows your dirty little secret. Doesn’t she? She knows what you’re running from.”
Rebecca stood there, dumbfounded, then went over and sat on the bed, with her back to us. Lilyana went over and sat next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. Melanthe stormed out of the room, and we heard the bang of the screen door.

 Well, that was yesterday. Melanthe slept over at Maddi's, and she’s not back yet. Rebecca is still ‘sulking’. Lilyana is at the stables, she probably won’t be back for a while. I guess I’ll start finding an outfit for the party. It seems eerily calm here after yesterday. Like a lull before a storm. Strangely calm. I wish Rebecca would start playing her guitar, at least it would make some noise.


S

No comments:

Post a Comment