Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lilyana - I can see the sky!

Its been so great here in Montana. I can't believe how much I've missed it. The sky. You can see the sky here, all the thousands of stars. I have gotten used to the city, but I'll always be a country girl at heart. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful it is, mountains bursting out of the earth to join the clouds in the caverns of the sky. Last year, in language arts class, I wrote a descriptive paragraph about the mountains near the ranch. I'll post it on here if i can find it. I feel it was the only thing that could possibly describe how awesome the views are.

I've also had a lot of fun with my best friend Rachel. It feels so great to be with Rachel again. We just fall back to each other so easily, its like I never left. Rachel is really funny and outgoing, totally the opposite of me. She's bouncy and very un-shy, but she's also very nice and caring and understanding. I've been telling her about the move. She says that I'm lucky to have moved so much, she's lived in her house her whole life! Well, I guess we all want the thing we don't have, huh? Rachel said wouldn't it be funny if she moved into our old house. I said yeah, right, that was so gonna happen. It would be cool, but impossible. Both Rachel's parents have big, steady jobs here. IIt would be nice though, to have her near me. But Rachel belongs out here, with the sky and horses and big open space. I could never see her in a crowded, polluted city where you can't even see the stars.

Lily

3 comments:

  1. Konnichiwa, Lily!

    Do you get to see Rachel much? I never get to see the majority of my friends, because they live back in Japan.

    When I moved to the U.S., my family lived in the suburbs (we still do), which was a big change for me. I'm used to living in the city!

    Can't wait to hear more from you!
    -Sayoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sayoko,

      No, I barely ever get to see Rachel. My mom doesn't like me going to see my dad more then is legally required, and Rachel's never come down to Boston. I miss her a lot most of the time, because although I do have close friends in Boston, its really not the same. I always wish that I could see her more, but I never can. We email and stuff, but oftentimes it never seems like enough. Its hard, isn't it, having friends far away. How do you keep in touch with your friends in Japan?

      Lilyana

      Delete
    2. To answer your question, we Skype, send letters, and every now and then, we'll call each other. The good thing is, some of my friends from home moved to the States around the same time I did, and they keep me company. But sometimes, (about every six or seven months) I get to go back to Japan and visit the friends that stayed.
      -Sayoko

      Delete