Friday, July 20, 2012

Samantha - In Stockbrige!

Here I am in Stockbridge, after seeing a fantastic play last night! I couldn't blog last night, or in the car, because there is HORRIBLE internet service up here.I mean, no bars.  None at all. Right now I am using the WiFi that we can use as guests at the Red Lion Inn, which is where we are staying.

 It is so amazing here! There are mountains and forests, like the forest of Arden! OK, not really. but still. Miles and miles of trees and mountains and rivers and wilderness. Its so green! When you look out the window you feel you are looking out at something from a fairy story! Its magical, truly it is. It feels very different out here, not like Boston at all! The Inn is pretty too, very fancy and quiet. Our room has pretty furniture that seems to be swan-themed. Ok, a little odd, but still. There are two twin beds, and a huge bathtub! I mean, seriously huge! There is also a pool, which Andrea and I swam in. Andrea did headstands and flips, which, made me laugh a lot. She looked funny-in-a-good-way in her orange dotted bathing suit. I stuck to a plain blue Bikini. We had fun, we really did.

Then we went up the Shakespeare and Compony for the show. Oh my god, it was spectacular! The beginning was a huge storm, and it was so ethereal. There was stormy music and lighting, and nymphs with huge waves, and screaming sailors. It sent chills up my spine. Then there was Ariel, dancing and wrecking havoc on the ship. She was entrancing, with  blond hair that was beaded and streaked with blue, and a way of moving that made her seem so much like a spirit of air and mystery. I found myself watching her the whole night, utterly entranced by her movement, the grace that kept her in almost constant motion, like a true, wondrous spirit. She danced well to, as did the other nymphs that wore these great costumes. Awesome headdresses! At first, I didn't like that they had a girl playing Prospero, but I got used to it in time. She was good, and it gave the character much more dimension, especially because I've never liked Prospero anyway. Miranda was alright, But I don't think she was as pretty as all that, like the Prince says she is. We had so much fun!

Samantha








No comments:

Post a Comment