Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rebecca - Running into the Sky

Its Rebecca here. Well, who else would it be? Things are getting really busy here in camp. Which is good, of course. I like having things busy, because it gives you less times to think.

 Classes are fairly easy, to be honest, I was hoping that they'd be much more challenging. Maybe I should have been in a more advanced class. Maybe I'll talk to them about that, because I really think the group I'm in is far to easy, and its already with girls at least two years older then me. You know, maybe its time i dropped this camp. I know its fun and all, but I don't think that its teaching me very much. There are tons of other more advanced dance camps. There are ones around here, and then others I'd have to travel far to get to. I wouldn't mind, though. I love traveling. Some are very expensive, but I'd probably be able to get a scholarship of some sort. A partial one, or a full one, which seems more likely because, not to brag, I am a very talented dancer.

Yesterday I went down to the beach for a while in the late afternoon after class was done. A lot of the other girls go out to eat after class, but they never invite me along. Oh well, its not like I would have gone anyway. Firstly, I have to watch my weight - and they really should do the same. You need to be thin to be a dancer, and have the right body and all. A lot of girls don't, so they end up quitting. I feel bad for them, I guess, but it seems fair. We can't all be dancers, the world needs more then that. You need to work to get - and keep - a proper dancers body. Eat right, exercise, no drugs or drinking. A lot of the girls who are naturally thin think that because they're so thin, they can eat what they want. Um....no. They will not always look like that. I guarantee you that in thirty-something years they will be the supremely fat middle school mothers waiting in the car, yelling at their kids, and not cleaning their houses. And I? I'll be a hugely successful dance teacher after a long and bright career as a solo ballerina. Or maybe I'll still be a fantastic ballerina. Who says I can't dance well at age forty? Anyway, I wouldn't want to go with them anyway. Its never any fun, and nobody talks to me anyway.

So I meandered down to the beach. It was kind of stormy, but that was OK. I walked far up the beach, and it felt like i was walking into fog and mist, like a portal to another world. The tide was going out, so the sky was reflected in the wet sand that was covered in a smooth sheen of water. If you ran very fast along the ocean, it felt like you where running into the sky.

Rebecca













No comments:

Post a Comment