Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lilyana - Here in Montana!!!

Hey guys! I can't believe this, but here I am in Montana with my father!

The plane ride was OK, it was also a little turbulent, but I didn't mind to much. We lifted off in the morning, and when we went above the clouds, the sun was so bright and pretty that it hurt my eyes just to look at it, even though I wanted to. During most of the flight, I read 'The Stone Pony,' which is probably one of my favourite books ever. I love the part where she realizes that her sister's horse's name was Orion mixed up. That made me cry the first time I read it.

My dad picked me up at the airport in his old blue truck! It was so good to see him, because the last time I'd visited was over Christmas break. I missed him so much. I've never told my mom this, but after the divorce, when they agreed that she'd have custody of me, I was very upset. I had almost fooled myself into hoping that i'd get to stay with my father on the ranch. Its not that I love dad more then mom, of course I don't. Not really. But everybody - EVERYBODY- would choose one parent over the other if it came down to it. And it did come down to it, and honestly, I'd choose my dad, not my mom. If it had been up to me, that would have been the choice I'd make. But it wasn't. I just had to go along with whatever they wanted. I love my mom a lot, but she doesn't understand me the way my father does. She doesn't really get my love for horses and riding, whereas dad was the one who first encouraged me to ride. She's always worrying about me, which I suppose is justified, but my father sees me more as a person, if that makes sense. He understands me, I'm a lot like him. If i could, I'd go back to Montana and my father for good, but I can't. At least i can visit, but its not really the same, is it?

I can't believe how little the ranch had changed in the time I'd been away. Everything was still perfect and beautiful and green. The horses were all there, and I almost cried. It felt so good to be home.

Tomorrow I'm going to see Rachel. I couldn't today, because she's still at overnight camp. But she'll be back tomorrow. I've missed Rachel so much! It will be great to see her again. I adore Ani, or course, but nobody can ever replace Rachel.

I'm not going to post very much out here. Firstly, because there's not good service, and secondly because I plan to be very busy. But I'll do a couple posts, and bring back pictures.

Lilyanna

No comments:

Post a Comment