Friday, July 27, 2012

Rebecca - Update from dance camp

Hey guys. Camp has been going pretty well. I talked to the director, Mr. Rowen, and he said I can move up into a more advanced class if i want to, and if I pass this test. So I took the test, and it was pretty easy. So now I'm in class with high schoolers, which is kinda awesome, because I'm the youngest by at least four years. The class I'm in now is the most advanced, so I'm not sure i'll be coming back here next year. It's not the best camp anyway. Next year, there's a camp in New York that i used to go to that I'd like to try again. I kinda wanted to go this year, because as I said I'd gone for most of my life back when I lived in the city, and it was a pretty good camp. But  I was hesitant to return to my old home. Past scars heal slowly, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to revisit that camp, even though I'd loved it so much. I knew that most of the girls at the NYDC would know me. Know who I was. They'd hate me, they always had. I didn't think that year away would change that. The girls at Jessamine only know what I tell them, which is nothing. I like it better that way. They don't know me, I don't care about them. But it would have been different at NYDC. It's not like I'm scared to go back to the city...I just think it would be better not to stir that up. Its a big city, though, so there's only a small chance I'd see somebody i know, like, on the streets or in a store. But I'm kind of unlucky, so a small chance would be all it takes for me. But anyway, I'm probably not going back to Jessamine next year.

On to other things. Camp has been going pretty well. Aside from the fact that the people here are a bunch of nitwits, I'm actually having fun. Its been so great to do so much dancing. For once in my life, I've been feeling pretty normal. Better then normal, actually. Being able to dance as much as I want - between classes and extra practice - always lifts me up, no matter what else is happening. I feel kind of buzzy when I finish dancing, like I'm finally full enough to fit into my body. Finally real enough to feel.  When its just me in a practice room, concentrating on getting a step right, its like everything else just melt away, even myself, and its just the motion and perfection. I wish I could stay at camp longer, forever even, if this is the way I'm feeling here. At least when school starts, I'll have more classes, and less time to think. Maybe I'll get some of his back then. But until then, goodbye, amigas. I'm off to a class!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment