Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lilyana - Pageant part three

The third section of the Pageant is Question and Answer. In which the judges ask four questions of each contestant, and they answer.

First up was Rebecca!


Q – How to you imagine your death?
A – I want to live briefly and brightly. I want to live a passionate, exciting life that inspires others, and leaves its mark on our planet forever. But I want to die as I am winding down, not exactly in the middle of glory, but on the downward arc. I want to be remembered, I do not want to be just another meaningless life. I want to die while listening to music, alone under the stars at night. I shall not be buried.
Q – What do you regret?
A – I regret a lot of things, not I don’t want to talk about them today. If we spend all our lives thinking about what we should have done, we will never do anything, or be anyone in life. I want to look forward, not dwell on the past.
Q -  If you could take away either hate or war from the world, what would it be?
A – A lot of people might say hate, because hate is bad, and starts the wars which cause hunger, but I disagree. Often, it is fear and ignorance that starts wars, not hatred. It is hatred that grows from war, as hunger and poverty does. It would be wrong to end hatred, because it is one of the things that drives people, and makes them passionate, makes them do things. And a lot of times, hatred spawns goodness. Hunger is something that can be controlled, really, something we can really do without, and we need hatred. We can’t always control hunger and poverty, but we can learn to control our hatred. We can learn not to use it for bad. Hunger, however, causes so much problems in the world.
Q -  What have you learned from life? What do you want to learn?
A – I have learned that nothing turns out the way you expected – and you have to live with that. It’s a fact of life, and nothing we do can change it. We have to muddle along and try and make the best out of what we’ve got, no matter what. Everybody has problems, and everybody deals with shit in their lives. But that’s not who we are. Not unless we make ourselves so.



Samantha

Q – What was the happiest moment of your life?
A – When I first found out I had gotten into Sutton, I was ecstatic. It was all I ever wanted.
Q – Are you ambitious?
A – Yes, I am, and I see no harm in that unless it gives harm to others. I want to go somewhere in this world, and I want to work hard to get there!
Q – What is your biggest fear?
A – My biggest fear is fire. I am deathly afraid of burning to death on my bed!
Q – What trait to you like in yourself? In others?
A – In myself, I like that I’m a pretty dependable person. I try to be there for my friends. In others, I like honesty. I hate being lied to!
  



Q - How would you like to be remembered?
A – I want to be remembered as somebody who liked to live, as somebody who took pleasure from life and thrived on excitement and love. I want to be remembered as somebody special, but not fantastic, somebody ordinary who made her life count.
Q – How do you imagine death?
A – I imagine death as nothing – simply nothing; like falling asleep. No heaven, no anything like that. I don’t believe in god. But, like all matter is the same matter that was here from the start, we are ‘recycled;’ we are reborn, in a way. Not as ourselves, but as somebody else. In us right now, we have a million lives.
Q –  What trait to you like in yourself? In others?
A – In myself, I like that I am optimistic. I like being able to find the good in a situation, and see the laughter in something embarrassing. In others, I like friendliness; because i love making friends. I like people who are open to others; I have no patience for the people that back away; when you step forward, you get the light!
Q –If your friend stole something and you were there; what would you do?
A – I pride myself on being a loyal friend. I wouldn’t tell on her right then; in the store, but when we got out of the store; I’d tell her that I knew what she had done, and that it was wrong. I’d tell her that she had to stop, or else I would tell, because she could get in trouble.


And the score stands........

Samantha - 8.3
Total - 26.8

Melanthe - 9.6
Total - 28.4

Rebecca - 9.9
Total - 29.8

To Be Continued Tomorrow...................






No comments:

Post a Comment