Saturday, August 4, 2012

Samantha - She's not back!!!! Help!!!!!!!

Am I going nuts? Did anybody else see her last post that said she'd be home Friday night? Because I did. And thats what it said! She said so! And she emailed me saying that she'd be home either Friday night, or Saturday morning! And guess what - its past Friday night, and it's so, so, so not Saturday morning anymore. And she's not back from camp yet. I can't believe it! Where is she? Its four in the afternoon, and she's not here! I have no idea what to do! My mom cheeked the bus schedules, and her bus had arrived here on time! So where is she? Where the hell is Rebecca? I'm freaking out over here. I have no clue what's going on. We called her cell, but nobody answers. We've texted her a bazillion times, and she hasn't answered. I'm so, so worried, and I have nobody to freak out with! Lilyana's coming home from Montana on Monday, and Melanthe should be back tomorrow. So I called Andrea, and she came over. Andrea doesn't know Rebecca to well, but  - who am I kidding? I don't either. Maybe if I knew her better, I'd be able to figure out where she'd gone. Because now, I have no clue. We called the camp, the dance studio - it would be so like her to go straight there and not tell anybody - and mom even called her parents in New York. Her dad answered. mom put him on speakerphone, so we could all hear. She asked him if he knew where she was.
"What, you lost her, or somthin?" He said. He laughed, a hiccup-y, strange, laugh. My mom explained the situation.  "Ah, giver her a'couple days. She'll come back." He said, and he didn't sound concerned at all. My mom asked him what he meant, and he didn't answer. Then she went on for five minuets about did he know where she was, was there anyplace she might go, did she ever do this before, did he think we needed to worry (no), should we cal the police, ect. When she finally came up for breath, we found he'd hung up. Well. No help there, I suppose. He didn't sound worried. Did that mean that we shouldn't worry, or that he's a moron? He sounded like a moron. What if he kidnapped her? I read that in most kidnapping cases, it was a parent or close relative! He didn't sound like somebody I'd trust. Actually, he sounded kinda drunk. Or something. Rebecca said once that she didn't get along with her dad. I can see why! But, again, I shouldn't judge. Maybe we caught him on a bad day. Thats what Lily would say. I'm not quite sure I agree with that, but, who knows? He sounded like this had happened before. Had she run away before? Is that even what this is? She could be kidnapped, or late, or dead. Oh God. I never thought about that. What if she's dead! Hit by a car, or shot by some madman, or dragged into a dark alley and raped. What if! That would be horrible. I couldn't stand that! Or what if she jumped off a bridge or something! Before, I would say no way, but now........What if? Lots of times, I've thought that maybe something......but I just put it down to Rebecca being Rebecca. But what if its not? Oh god, why am I thinking this way? Its ridiculous, its stupid, its dumb, but what if its true? What if? I could never forgive myself. Oh god, what if-

No. Stop. She's not dead. She's just late. Late. Nothing more. Breathe, Samantha. She's either late, or she's just Rebecca being Rebecca. Nothing weird about that, right? Rebecca can be strange. She can be unexpected. She can be annoying, and mean, and intolerable. She often does strange things. This is one of them. We are over-reacting. We are freaking out far to much. We are using the royal we for no apparent reason. I must be calm. She'll be home tonight. Mom says she might have meant Saturday night when she typed Friday night. Its possible. If she's not back, we'll call the police. Maybe she got lost. Or fell and hit her head. This is under control. She is not dead, or kidnapped, or jumped off a bridge. Everything is fine. Rebecca is fine. There is nothing to worry about.

Then why am I worrying??? I should call Lilyana. I hope everything turns out ok.

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment