Sunday, August 5, 2012

Samantha - She's back.

Thank god, thank god, thank god. She came back last night. Just as if it had been what she'd said. No apologies, not a hint of anything to show that she realized that she was a day late. My mom got apoplectic, and threatened to ground her, but Rebecca said that she wasn't her mother, and couldn't control her. My mother said that was true, but she was responsible for her while she lived in our house, and would punish her as she saw fit. Rebecca said she didn't need to be punished. My mom said oh yes, she did, and she was sure her parents would say the same thing. Rebecca said that she didn't even know her parents, and she was sure they wouldn't give a damn, and anyway, she hadn't done anything wrong. My mom said that she'd talked to her dad. Rebecca said to stop lying. My mom said it was true. Rebecca screamed at her, and banged out of the room. Eeek. What a scene. My mother said that wasn't sure how she was going to live with this, and that she'd only taken Rebecca in as a boarder because she was a good person, and could look past somebody's problems, but if this was what she'd get in return, she'd send Rebecca back, and she didn't care exactly what she sent her back to, s long as she was somebody else's problem. She said a whole lot of other things to, but none of them were very nice. But gosh, I'm sure Rebecca deserved them. Even I don't yell at my mother like that. Rebecca is a pain. I wonder if it would be better if it was Rebecca who will leave instead of Samantha.

Speaking of moving, its taking ages. In books, its 'Oh, we're moving.' on Monday, and you're gone by next Saturday. Er...... so, so, not how it works. It's taking forever. Primarily because we haven't found a buyer for the house yet, and my dad says we should before we move. Well, if it takes any longer, I say to hell with a buyer! Much as I don't want to move, all this waiting is getting annoying. Can't we just DO something? I mean, sure, y parents have gone through all the stuff in the basement, and donated tons of old stuff, and stuff like that, but I wish we'd move already. This is some annoying, weird in-between limbo. That said, I do wish the four of us were not going to be split up! We'll miss Mellie so, so, much. Its like we're sisters, we've gotten so close. Well, except for Rebecca. But still. Much as i hate this limbo, I'd rather be in it forever then have Mellie leave. There must be a way to let her stay. There must be. mellie will be home soon, as will Lily, and when they are, we'll have a family meeting. And hope it won't be as chaotic as last time.

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment