Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rebecca - Rehearsals are going great! (And bunheads rambling - beware!)

Hey guys, its Rebecca; here with her update from the chaotic clutches of dance camp. As you all know, we put on our show for the parents tomorrow, after a scant four days of working around the clock. And after all our hard work, I sincerely hope our show will be great. That is, if Evan ever stops stumbling. Evan plays one of the male leads, and I'm not quite sure why he got cast. Because he sucks. Big-time. He can't even do a simple pirouette without tripping over his feet. I mean, god. I can think of about four other boys at camp who could do twice as good as he does, and are cuter to boot! But other then that, its going great, and i think we're ready for tomorrow. I, of course, am doing perfectly. But I never expected to have any trouble with this dance. But its fun, it really is. I love being in a production, no matter what it is. I love how together it makes us all feel, like we're a team striving towards something. You really feel like you're part of it all. Part of something important, something big and special. Accepted.  When you're dancing in a show, you feel like you're united with everybody around you, banded together, even if you're not friends with any of them, even if you're like me. I just love that feeling. The feeling of belonging. There's not many places where I belong, not even at dance classes, not hoe, not anywhere. But you forget that when you're dancing in a show. You feel like you belong, and nothing else matters.

Lilyana, I get the feeling your dad is hiding something from you. Believe me, I know about these things. And you have a right to know...whatever it is. It probably concerns you, mark my words. And you never told me about Caroline. I'm sorry. That must have been horrible for your parents. Maybe that's why they stopped getting along. Idiotic shrinks and stupid therapists say kids never drive a marriage apart. But believe me, they're wrong. Not that I mean you, Lily. What happened to your sister. That can cause huge problems.

Anybody see the latest episode of Bunheads? It was so, so, good. I thought. I loved the Les Mis speech Michelle does! So funny! But, Michelle? It's Enjolras everybody thinks is gay, not Marius. Why Marius? Idiot scriptwriter. What was he thinking?????  I felt bad for Sasha, and I'm not sure Michelle handled that situation very well. Not that I blame her; because it's not the role Michelle is used to playing, or the one she wants to play. And she had to do something, Sasha can't just act like that. But I feel bad for her, still. I understand how family problems can make you act the way she does, and I understand how much dancing means to her, as a release for that. I emphasize with her a lot, in general. I'm scared for her too, because I don't think Michelle - or anyone - really understands what she's going through, and may be making the situation worse. Wait. I think that Sasha's problems may make Michelle reveal a bit more about herself. Deb? Sounds like the absent parents Sasha's got. So, maybe Michelle does understand, more then anybody, and maybe she'll be the one to see when things are going horribly wrong. Because I think Michelle may go pretty far in the next couple of episodes.  I wonder if she really will go to the summer dance academy without telling her parents. That will make quite the episode. I can't wait! And is it me, or does something about the whole spa/credit card thing smell reallllllllllly fishy? On another note - they need to do more wth Melanie. People are calling her the 'dull bunhead.' I like her. She's pretty, and she can dance. She so needs a plotline. And I think Josh should fall in love with Charlie, while Charlie likes Jenny and Boo likes Charlie! There's a plotline! Oh, and what ever happened to cute surfer dude? And Bill-not-bill? We need male characters! Enough rambling about Bunheads, though. So, eagerly awaiting the next episode!

So I probably won't post tomorrow. I'll be busy. But I'll be home by midnight tomorrow, and post Saterday.

Wish me luck!
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment