Sunday, September 2, 2012

Melanthe - On the pageant


I'm super glad I did the pageant! It was just so much fun. I loved being onstage. I love the spotlights, and the applause, and the people. I thought is was great! It was such a blast to go out and play my flute. I'm pretty sure people like it; they clapped a lot when I was finished. The question and answer part was fun to. I'm a pretty good public speaker, so I found that round really fun. It was also interesting to listen to what other people said. There were some pretty funny answers. One girl said that she was content to die right now if only she won. Everybody laughed and laughed. She didn't win, but she was a runner up! So, good for her! Another girl said that the thing she hated most about the world was hamsters. Er..... That was kind of weird. But funny. Funnily weird.

I'm glad that I won forth place. It was really such a shock to have my name announced like that: "Melanthe Rose Willins!" I was utterly astounded! It was the best feeling ever to walk forward while everybody screamed and clapped. Well, except Samantha. I'm kinda glad I didn't win, because a little part of me thinks that Samantha would have killed me and buried me in the backyard. She is SO competitive. When Rebecca won, she got angry and yelled a bit, and stomped around for a while. Then she went to talk to Andrea; who calmed her down, I guess. She says that he's not angry at Rebecca, but who knows? I still expect to wake and find her bed empty, Samantha bludgeoning her to death in the backyard. :) Just kidding. Samantha is more a pistol person. :)

Another thing I love about the pageant is that I met so many people! The girl who won third, Christina, is actually super nice! So is Diana Sinclair, and another girl named Leanne, who didn't win anything, but did a funny dance routine in talent. Actually, Christina invited me to the movies with her and some other girls, so bye! Gotta run!

Ciao,

Melanthe Rose Willins, esquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment